View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 11:09 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

Knowing what an item would sell for privately is an inherently suspect analysis, especially with a card that is rarely sold.
One certainly cannot know what it would go for, as one cannot know other offers that would arise in an informal type of bid taking; but one does know a minimum from what they've been offering for such items and many of us are certainly aware of the general range and the market. I've yet to find anyone willing to take $132 for Red Crosses or anyone who offers that low (if they exist, PM me and take my money right now, no questions asked). Auctions usually have some high, some low. It's interesting to me that it was the more difficult stuff that the dice rolls went low on and the more common material went high in the 1887-1912 period. Tough N/T/E boxing still seems to get little respect and the more common sets often go higher now.

If anyone wants to sell a Red Cross common for 150% of what the Ketchel went for, call me. 200% for a Ketchel Red Cross. Offering 150% of the Choyinski for a Robertson Candy in worse condition, paid without any fees.