View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 06:21 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I reread your original thread from 2020 and as a collector I can appreciate your situation: a great family heirloom with lots of sentimental meaning for you . I’ll say that you shouldn’t sell until you are absolutely sure you are prepared to sell the album .
You must consider several things with this item . Yes the value may have increased 10 -20 % since your post but it won’t have increased as cards have . Also the value is not easily stated . If you send to any AH you will have to pay some sort of a consignment fee , unless you are able to negotiate a 0% seller’s fee which depending on the AH’s perceived value of the item you may be able to do .
But remember also you are asking for a value of the item and to sell it for that amount ( or more ) and I’m sure you want that price in an auction. All AH will start the minimum bid at a fraction of the estimated value of the item so once the MB is made it sells and many times items do sell for amounts far below the estimated value of the item leaving the seller with remorse . You can request a Reserve on the item which is above the MB but not revealed until the Reserve is met and then it will sell , but still possibly less then the estimated value of the item.
So you can ask all you want and as long as you want as to what the album is worth and you’ll get good estimates of its value but it’s not what it’s worth , or could be worth , or should be worth . It’s worth only what it sells for whether here on Net 54 or in an AH .
Personally I would set a value you can live with and sell it here on NET 54 and avoid the AH fees and selling price uncertainty. If you are set on an AH then I’d look at REA , Heritage , Huggins and Scott , SCP , maybe Hunt and R&R .
But you have to be willing to sell the album and live with the decision to sell and whatever you sell it for .