Thread: Shipping?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Dave

People also forget that the combination of Ebay/Paypal also takes about a 13% cut of the S&H costs.

The obvious math of a $10 shipping charge = the seller is only seeing $8.70 of that. It's actually a little bit higher on the Paypal end if it's an International transaction.

Now, if they throw it in a letter envelope with a couple stamps on it, that's highway robbery and irresponsible. If they send it securely and they disclose the shipping cost up front, there should not be an issue.

Years ago I had a Net54 member ding me with a 1 on shipping cost, which put me at a threshold which ended up costing me probably 100 bucks in Ebay discounts over the next couple months before I caught back up again.

My crime? I charged $4.95 S&H for a card that ended up selling at auction for about $77.00. I think it was a card I had anticipated would probably sell for over $100 bucks when I listed it. It was fully disclosed in the auction up front. The guy paid right away and did not make a peep about the shipping until he left feedback a week later after he received the card. I sent the card 1st Class Package rate with cardboard reinforcement and Insurance. Total shipping (not including supplies/fees etc.) cost to me at the time was about $4.60.

The guy wanted to teach me a lesson. He's the type who likes to teach people/sellers a lesson when they don't do everything exactly the way he might have done it. Scanning his feedback left I noticed several other Net54 members he had done the exact same thing to. Nobody ever called him out (I'm not going to either), because he is generally a respected member on here, but I'm sure some of you will know exactly who I'm talking about. He's a paranoid type who thinks he's the only righteous one out there, and everybody else is out there trying to screw him over.