View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:24 PM

Default Some pretty cool new(?) 1963 Topps Printing Error/Variations

The Ed Sadowski missing top border has been known about for quite a few years now, but as far as I know none of the others pictured have ever been mentioned. Back when eBay would allow you to see what other people had bought recently, I used to check what "LauraSalzy" had gotten because he is the master at buying obscure printing error/variations as quick as unknowing sellers would put them up on buy-it-nows. Anyway, about two and a half years ago I noticed that he had won an auction lot of high number 1963 Topps that included the Ed Sadowski, but it was another card in the lot that caught my eye. I noticed that the Lou Klimchock was also missing the top border, but a smaller section than the Sadowski. It occurred to me that there must have been quite a few in a horizontal row missing the top border, but in varying degrees. "LauraSalzy" himself didn't notice the Klimchock printing error and put the card up for auction as a regular common, but as I was on the way home to snipe it I wrecked my car and missed it. It was the only I had ever seen until I found one recently. Slowly but surely they would pop up until I was confident that there were a total of eight of them, the only ones I needed were Klimchock and an unknown card between Sadowski and the Cardinals team card. Last week I found a mother load of these from everyones "favorite" seller, who shall go unnamed. The Klimchock and the Bell, the only one I have ever seen, were among the ones that he had. So, I am pretty confident that these eight comprise the complete run of cards that were affected on either the top or the bottom of the original uncut printing sheet. I have seen a handful of the Sadowski cards, but all of the others I have seen one or two of each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63 hi's 30002.jpg (78.7 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg 63 hi's 2.jpg (75.9 KB, 674 views)