View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 08:47 AM
T!M R10rd@n

My boys, now 30 and 27, learned to read from baseball cards because that is what they wanted to try and read. That got me into collecting back in '97.

At the time my then 6 YO was behind in reading but would try to read cards that Santa brought him, so I picked up a box of '87 Topps cheap and we opened some up every night. He would read the front of the card and something from the back and he would then get to keep it, and put it in his book.

Then my 3 YO says what about me? So he would read the letters on the front of the card and get to keep the card. Within a year my older son went from being behind in reading to being held out as an example reader, and my younger son had mastered the alphabet and was starting to read. Great times!

My 27 YO still likes to collect and would go to shows with me until he moved to Atlanta.

My wife thought that it was great that I did this with my son. now that it is just the two of us in the house, she has a different opinion.

She claims that I've taken over the house with cards and memorabilia. I suppose that she could make a reasonable argument.

Successful transactions with:
300dw123, autograf, bn2cardz, buymycards, CobbvLajoie1910, Daves_resale_shop, frankbmd, GoCubsGo32, GoldenAge50s, GrayGhost, Head928, Jayworld, jdl860, jgmp123, kamikidEFFL, larrie804, Leerob538, lharri3600, Lordstan, megalimey, Orioles1954, quinnsryche, Redleg25, rjackson44, Rob D., SAllen2556, scmavl, slantycouch, slipk1068, Smanzari, TCMA, thetruthisouthere, Wolfgang427, yanks12025, ZackS