View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Just my opinions...

Prospecting: You'd do better in Vegas.

Flipping:

Do plenty of research: Use BaseballAmerica, ESPN and any source you can find. Buy low and sell high. Make quick work of pitchers especially - try to buy them before their first big exposure, then sell them as soon as a reasonable profit can be made; don't get greedy and miss the window because most all of them get hurt or otherwise recede in value quickly.

Hitters will almost always give you a better chance to turn a profit, but not always...I'm sitting on a bunch of Joey Gallo cards right now...waiting for two things: 1. Beltre to retire and/or 2. Gallo to learn to hit breaking balls.

I also have a bunch of Trout and Harper...which are long-term 'investments'...but it's too late to get anything of them on the cheap.

I am not convinced that any pitcher, even Kershaw, is worth heavy investment. Kershaw is currently on the DL and the other pitcher I have a fair amount of is Strasburg, who, while going great this year, is frequently injured. This may, in fact, be the best time to sell Strasburg.

-I've kinda rambled...hope you can sift a little good out of it.

The last thing I would say is, as in the stock market, diversify...don't depend on just a few players.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente