View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Matt Miller

I will try to answer a few questions. I had probably more of a relationship with Joe than most people do. We exchanged emails on several occasions, he and I used to speak quite frequently at the National's, so some of the out of the norm treatment I am sure came from this relationship we had. So please keep the above in mind regarding why I was allowed to send in two submissions on renewal vouchers, why I was able to send in cards greater than $500 in value and why a crack and review strategy took place versus a typical review in the holder. I was told that the crack and review method gave the graders the best view of the card in a review scenerio, so I went with it! Maybe I was naive throughout this, but I trusted Joe to take care of it, and never gave any thought to my card being damaged in the process. Again, this is my opinion as to why I was allowed to do the above, I frankly didn't realize this was out of the norm behavior, and was available to anyone that asked.

I completely understand that I am somewhat at fault for the way things transpired between PSA(particularly Joe) and myself. They made me whole on the card, (based on what I paid for it), which is the silver lining in this whole ordeal. I will never be able to go out and replace this card though, for what I had into it originally. As others have mentioned, it's the way Joe handled the whole ordeal that really has me up in arms. I was shocked that Joe commented like he did to me. His response caused my response, which is what ultimately caused the hang-up and subsequent banning that took place. I frankly had no intention to air out my dirty laundry in the public on this board or CU until PSA proactively banned me from their message boards and subsequently sent my submission back to me informing me that my business was no longer wanted.

I am not looking for pity, and don't expect everyone to agree with me, as to how this was handled. Hell, I am sure some of you are thinking that I got exactly what I deserved trying to bump the card in the first place rather than being happy with what I already had. I don't fault anyone for having an opinion on the matter, I think differing opinions are what makes for a solid community such as we have here on Net 54.

At the end of the day, I just wanted to share my experience.