View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 10:33 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Not sure how this works with the new Managed Payments system however when sellers were taking payments directly from paypal they could in fact be on the hook up to 6 months from the date of purchase. I cannot see how this is any different now unless ebay is indemnifying sellers and only allowing for a 30 day window to buyers for returns.

My guess is that if a buyer uses paypal and decided 4 months after the date of purchase that they changed their mind, and they used a credit card and initiates a dispute, paypal is going to refund the buyer and ebay will take the money back from the seller. Not sure what paypal's policies are if the payment was funded from a bank account or from paypal funds. I doubt they offer that 180 day window.

Yeah, but I assume a chargeback isn't the same as a return. A chargeback that happens after a return window has closed, denotes a fraudulent charge. At that point the buyer is attempting to keep both the card AND the funds, which I assume is a criminal activity.

I am making some assumptions here, and not saying there aren't plenty of people willing to go that route, but are that many people willing to commit a financial crime in order to try and cut their losses?

Again, I'm making assumptions. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.