View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Great article, thanks. I did not go through a divorce as a child, but I can relate very much to the card-part, especially the trading sessions he and his brothers had. My brother and I used to trade daily until we decided to merge collections. I spent many a Saturday or Sunday dropped off at a friends house with binders and boxes, where we spent a few hours trading cards and a few hours playing kickball or capture the flag. Good times! The other thing I can relate to is the kids- I can’t get them to trade cards, play kick ball, etc. but they sure love their Xbox (and the little one likes Tik Tok).

As shitty as this period is for adults, I think it’s worse for kids. This is their childhood they are missing out on. My oldest had his first relationship end bc of distance. My middle one is missing major bonding time with new friends made during freshman year. My youngest, the athlete, missed his chance to be team captain. These are memories/experiences that mold. I met a lady last night whose daughter had no prom, will have no graduation ceremony, etc. Those are major life events these kids will never get back. Very sad. Hopefully the “good” experiences/memories will start again soon.