Thread: Trevor Bauer
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 11:02 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
What a great point. Many people believed the lie, therefore Bauer should be treated as if he did it even though he demonstrably did not do it.

The amount of people who just want bad things to happen to anyone they identify as not being in their tribe, regardless of facts, logic, fairness or common sense is insanely high.
I agree that it using that claim against him is certainly not fair, even distasteful. But there many rumblings that his TEAMMATES intensely dislike him for different reasons and issues. I believe he has acknowledged some of it in his podcasts. There will be a team that takes a chance and gives him the opportunity to rehab his actions/demeanor. I just think he will have a very short leash.

As an aside, I always liked Pete Rose, and for a while, sided with him on his case for reinstatement. Until I saw him speak in a small gathering, and I met with him for a short chat. A completely repugnant human being. And that was before some other info surfaced.