View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 06:18 PM

Default Mike D's 1977 Topps Binder Project

As my 1976 Topps Binder Project is approaching completion (set complete, 20 upgrade candidates as of this posting), I'm ready to take on another set.

My 1976 thread has surpassed 10,000 views, so hopefully you all are enjoying following along in my quest!

To review:

What is a binder set? It's got non-high end, non-graded cards, perfect for flipping through without risking any major investments.

To add to the fun, I'll likely pick up graded copies of some of the more interesting stars from the set. If I get a graded copy of a card, I'll still get a non-graded for the binder, but may allow for lower grade there to help keep costs in check.

Depending on what I get for duplicates, I may even dabble in some TTM autograph chasing.

From a condition perspective, I aimed for EX for my '76 set, but quickly realized I'm a bit of a stickler for condition, so I expect this one will be more like EXMT+. Centering isn't going to be perfect by any means, but I'll try to avoid badly dinged corners and the like.

The 1977 Topps set consists of 660 cards. Here is the checklist.

The key rookies are are Andre Dawson (#473), Dale Murphy (#476) and Bruce Sutter (#144). The set also includes cards of roughly 20 other Hall of Famers of the era.

Great to have another project ahead of me!