Thread: Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 05:09 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
Yes VCP is a pay site and for a good reason it is a lot of work keeping these prices updated. I see that cardtarget has not updated their pricing in almost a year. We have 5 full time employees working on the site. If there was a way to make it a free site and generate the income needed I would be all ears to any suggestions. Yes we have advertising and EPN income but that is about a quarter of the dollars generated. Membership fees now are the reason why we can stay in business and provide the most up to date and accurate price guide available.
Cardtarget was able to work by having volunteers (I did it for a while), but when it was sold it was hard to get a hold of the new owners and didn't seem responsive when I told them I would be interested in expanding what sets I would sift through for them.

They are also really only good for people that are only interested a few popular sets and not every possible set out there.

To be as thorough as VCP you really can't do that for free, and it makes sense for paid membership.