View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Ok, resurrecting this old thread, as I went by the thrift store and they still have this item. In fact it has been marked down to 699. Having now seen it I have no doubt in its authenticity. It had that old mildewy smell and the guy had some very specific details. It is from 1913 and the original owner had it for about 40 years. He acquired it at an estate sale at one of Wrigley's mansions. The person was removing a stained glass window and went to the attic to get it loose, and found the trunk. The leather has cracked and dried in some areas and the original leather handle at the top is missing, but all the interior drawers and hangers are intact. Considering it's over 100 years old it's not in bad shape.

The stickers on top are very brittle and definitely aged. One is from where the trunk was shipped to L.A. and even has the shipping company's old, outdated format phone number. The other is a Waldorf Astoria sticker, which Wrigley had a hand in building. That sticker is actually no longer attached and just laying on top of the trunk.

If I were to purchase this, what would be the best way to resell it? Obviously shipping would be problematic and expensive. If the estimates above are remotely close to the true value of the item, I'm definitely going to buy it.

Last edited by dgo71; 02-28-2015 at 01:19 AM.