View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:25 PM
Tim Odeen

I started with early 1990s sets, but not with the set building mentality. The first set I went gaga for was 1996 Topps. I really wanted those stupid Mantle inserts, but I never got one! Disappointed. The next set I started and completed was 2001 Bowman Heritage. I was 100% bitten by the Ichiro / Pujols bug that year. The All Star game was in Seattle and my dad took me.... to All Star Fanfest. Largest card collecting event I've ever been too. Super special memory for me that my dad would be bored out of his mind for a thousand hours just for me. Real fatherly love. Anyway, I bought 3 boxes of Heritage and couldn't complete the set, and I thought, I don't have the money to keep doing this. So I started emailing other ebay users after they won Heritage lots, asking if they wanted to trade extras. And it worked! Those were the good old days of ebay. I completed the set by the end of the summer. I kept trying to collect Heritage, but without a big rookie combo like Ichiro and Pujols, it just wasn't the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo