View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Default Wagner HBO Real Sports...what do you think?

Posted By: DJ

The part that I found most disturbing is the fact that the collector took you through items that he has purchased in the past and present time. A tupperware container full of rather common items. Nowhere in his small tour of his collectibles did he show off anything of worth.

I mean you can pick up unopened Star Wars figures for a buck on wholesale level and glossy trading cards can be purchased by the pound. How does one supposidly put $1800 out there and not know what he has until he sees David Copperfield tear up the card in an illusion trick?

If I was to put out close to $2,000 for something, I would sure as hell know what I was buying. I would feel more comfortable with that side of the story if he showed some Ruth Goudey's, maybe a Keeler Portrait or something along that lines, not brand new signed Superman comics or Kung Fu magazines. Did I see a Charles Barkley insert card in a hard lucite?

In the autograph business, there is and will always be an authenticator to agree with you for a buck. If you have a misspelled Babe Ruth (Bage Root) autograph, you will still find an authenticator who will say that he signed it in a dark movie theatre or he had just consumed a barrel full of moonshine.

I think with "the card", it's impossible to ever convince a hobby expert to agree with those stacked up binders and the stubborn thoughts that this item is authentic.

Anyone try Pro?

Honestly, I think the card is a T206 type II variation. Anyone agree?

Didn't think so.

DJ