Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 12:17 AM

Default you bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
https://www.sportsantiques.com/2013natrt2.htm
Show your hat boxes...here is probably the best I've ever seen...saw it tonight in an old 2013 National story linked above...it was in the Springfield Antiques Center in Springfield Ohio...probably should have bought it...priced right and all, I just didn't want to deal with getting all the way home...plus the size...hat boxes....cigar boxes....that crate I just bought...take up a lot of real estate...nevertheless I should have bought and had them ship it...never seen a better...

Carlton,

Those Springfield, OH antique centers are pretty extensive. There are 3 good ones within two exits on Rte 70. I stopped at them on my way to The National last summer. I found a certificate signed by BB HOFer Morgan Bulkeley and an item signed by one of the original photographers from the 1896 Olympics, Burton Holmes. I sort of skimmed the display cases since I still had a little bit of a drive to Indianapolis. Seeing 15-20 rows of 8 foot tall glass cases is pretty impressive. I saw a lot of Ohio State items and other sports memorabilia. If you wanted to look real close in every case you could spend a day in each one.

Oh yeah it's target rich...I hit um all whenever I come thru there...