View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 07:44 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Sorry, I got that after thinking on it a bit. There definitely is faith in it for a buyer but the statement that if it was unopened it would be certified is false. There can be no other grade as it is a adulterated pack with the sticker. If you took a T206 Cobb and glued a cut signature to the card they would only place the title “trading card” with the signature authentication.

If the pack was signed physically and not a sticker added, you might have been able to get an “authentic” grade on the pack but I think it would take a bit of an ask.

You can only get combo card/sig grades on factory produced items to my knowledge.
I do believe in my statement that if it was a true unopened pack it would be certified...that's where the actual and only value lies, a 1979 OPC (or Topps) pack with a Gretzky RC showing. A clear sticker with a Gretzky auto on it has maybe $200 worth of value if you're lucky. A legit unopened pack with a Gretzky RC showing is probably a $20k-$50k item??? And, in addition, we're to believe someone has both an OPC pack and a Topps pack like this for offer in this auction, and then also more on tap for upcoming auctions? That reeks of absolute nonsense to me...and apparently only to me, lol.

If this pack was legit, it would almost be the hockey equivalent of taking a '52 Topps unopened pack with Mantle showing, putting a clear autographed sticker on it, and having PSA certify only that the autograph on the sticker is genuine, no...one...would...ever...do...that.