View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 09:34 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
**trigger warning**

Historical figures. Great is up to you.

Some group (or person) operating under the name "Fascinating Cards" has put out a couple nonpartisan sets of Congress cards now. I unironically love this; we don't get many history cards and while I'd rather have the Continental Congress, I'll settle for anything of historical significance. I'm not sure it will last, as the people who care enough about government, politics or history to collect Congress cards are the type of people who will mostly be upset over one half of the cards or the other. I ended up getting a whole case for very little and cracked the first box. Maybe the next one will have an AOC Yard Sign Relic or a Lauren Boebert Chrome RC!

The freshmen members elected in 2020 have a "Rookie Card" at top, which I find amusing for some reason. Stock is slightly thin, but quality is surprisingly decent.

Have you seen any of the "Politicards" playing card sets through the years? I used to pick up the 1971 set when I saw it, when I was going through my oddball non-sports phase years ago.

Not really flattering to any of the subjects in it, but pretty interesting. There's even a Norman Mailer card in it (Joker), I wonder if it's his first card.

They can be had on Ebay pretty cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15509022991...Bk9SR8SPg4SdYQ