View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 12:24 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Yep, I'll hold my hand up on this one. Collected them pretty heavily in the late '80s, into the early '90's (along with Gary Thomas PFHOF cards).

To me, they are a step up from autographed photos, and like a previous poster mentioned, they hold an autograph well. Seen a lot of faded signatures on baseballs. I also like the fact that they are serially numbered and limited in production, unlike photos and baseballs. And personally, I like the art.

In general, I see a lower number of forgeries on PS than on other mediums. However, when the studio quit producing postcards, I lost some momentum on the chase.
I prefer PS and Sport Illustrated covers over the stock photographs at shows. The PS cards were a nice alternative. Production ceased with the 15th series (2001 induction class). Football has the Goal Line Art Cards (GLAC), I guess baseball with have to live with the HOF induction cards, which I personally don't like.

Correction - In an earlier post, I stated having 30 cards. This morning, I checked the database and I have 49 of the post cards signed. Brett will make 50 and then I will have the cards framed. I never say never, but I don't think getting Koufax is going to come to fruition.