View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It's hard to tell with your pics and the fact the cards are in cubes, but to me the 52 Topps Mays looks way off.

Same, but not as bad, is the Mathews card.

Curious. Are those cards in recessed cubes or just flat surfaced cubes? If real, and depending on how tight the cubes were screwed down, and assuming they're real, they may only get an "A" if graded due to them being flattened/squished if the cubes are not recessed?

The 56 Mantle also looks suspect to me as well but I can offer no opinion on the others.

Good luck.
Thanks. I think they are flat surface cubes, and yes I've heard PSA especially gives a lot of these cards out of old screw downs A's because the card has been compressed and is now thinner than originally. Does SGC do this as well?

I'm assuming both Mantles, the Mays and the Ruth are fakes at this point. I'm curious on the Mathews, and will remove both the Mays and the Mathews from the screw downs and compare them. The surface feel, smell, card width. He has a few other low grade '52 commons I can compare the Mathews too as well.

It may be safest to assume all the authentic cards in screw downs will only grade A, but man that's a blow to any offer I give him and I want to be fair. Regardless, I'm having a blast trying to figure all this out!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk