View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Not saying this is the case with your seller, but many times a scam artist will include a couple of authentic, lower valued, cards in the mix to throw you off on the authentication process. Look for all the obvious clues, coloring, format, etc.

If all seems ok, take a bright light and shine it through the back of the card for transparency - no light should come through in the 50s and earlier cards.

Then take a loop, or magnifying device that can magnify up to 100x. Use the loop, or device, and check the print dots on the card. Counterfeit operations, in most cases, cannot duplicate the printing methods of the 40s - 50s. Go on-line and read about modern print dots as compared to print dots in the 50s and earlier.

If it passes all these steps, and they probably won't, you can be about 50-65% sure they are real.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I always walk away from a deal if I find any counterfeits - one bad apple does spoil the bunch for me - unless it is someone that I've known a long time.
I'm definitely souring on the deal, but truly believe the seller is not a scammer. His avenue of buying was a mistake. PMed you some details, don't want to divulge any details on a public forum for the sellers privacy. I'm going to go in with as much knowledge as possible and just be honest with him.

I'll definitely get a loupe and a light and will start practicing, thanks for the direction.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk