View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Default All Star Game: AL Wins...Again!!!!!

Posted By: Bob

My Twins players showed well- Joe Nathan pitched a 1-2-3 inning, Joe Maurer batted twice with a single and a walk and played great defensively, and Justin "Jason" "Who is that big guy?" Morneau had two hits and scored the winning run.
A lot of flack about who got the MVP trophy, personally I thought (and I guess I am the only one) it should have gone to Mr. Clutch Michael Young. If the fat boy from Tampa could have run better than an 8.5 40, Young's single would have won the game. As it was, Young hit the sac fly that won it. Big deal you might say, but how many times did AL guys come up with men in scoring position and hit dribblers or strike out? Young leads all major leaguers in batting average with men in scoring position. He is fabulous in the clutch. If he played for the Red Sox or Yanks, he would be on a par with Jeter or Ortiz. Oh yeah, Young is the bizarro A-Rod, who proved once again that it is easy to hit a 450 foot home run when you are up or down 7 runs but with the game on the line, he is the biggest choke artist in baseball history. Great player but simply can not perform with the game on the line. Not only All-Star games and playoffs but World series games also.