View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
directly from the jsa facebook page.

------------------------------------
Hi I am going to the Tri-Star Show in Houston in January and I have 2 autographed MJ framed jersey with autographs. Can you still authenticate it even though it's mounted and framed. Thanks Michael Riley
LikeUnlike · · October 26, 2011 at 7:27pm ·

James Spence Authentication Hi Michael,

Yes, we will be able to authenticate your items through the frame. The fee on your Michael Jordan jerseys are $100 each. We look forward to seeing you at the next Houston show

---------------------------------

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ja...363236?sk=wall

this is an oct. 27 post, you might have to go to older posts a couple of times to see it.

they obviously authenticate through the frame as they admit it!

It's totally inadequate in my opinion to do that. they are getting paid to detect preprint, etc. that only a close-up inspection without anything in the way can accomplish.

They have also authenticated through the ball holder, a babe ruth autograph. not cool.
couldn't agree more that this is total Bulls***. I have recently copied a few items that I plan to keep in frames for my office....Most of the rest of the pics are going to be sold. I printed them on HP Photo Paper on a regular ink jet HP8500. The photo's actually look better in most cases. The fact that they charge $75/$100 for a Mickey Mantle and authenticate through the frame with out looking directly at the photo is akin to looking through rose colored glasses. This practice is totally unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!