View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 02:29 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default Getting that feeling...

I have to blame several of you for my starting this thread . As a card collector, I have always, always, always been a '50s guy and considered Post-war cards to be the only cards I would ever care about. I also have recently developed an interest in vintage photography, with a particular focus on Ted Williams. I have always been aware of tobacco cards, and I have seen many, many Net54 threads about them as well, like the Monster Number thread. The enthusiasm of you guys (too many of you to list, but you know who you are) has caused me to take a closer look. I caught myself looking at tobacco cards at the National. There is just something about them. The colors, the backs, I am not sure really. Since getting back from Chicago, I have been looking at threads about purchases some of you made...hard to find backs, fronts, etc. and I am interested....but overwhelmed.

Where would I start? I have the book The Golden Era of Baseball Cards (the exact title escapes me) that has them all pictured. I have noticed the t205s and the t206s and others. Like many other collectors, I find myself drawn to the t206s. Should I just "try on" a few relatively inexpensive ones to see what I think about them in hand? I know that t206 collecting is a vast enterprise. I am crazy to plunge in?

I would appreciate feedback from you long time t206 and other tobacco card collectors.