View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 04:39 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
Among the variety of things I collect, I love the original 58-62 Hartland statues. I've just picked up my 11th Hartland.

What are your views on replacement parts? Does a modern replacement bat belong with an original statue?

There's one part that' s eluding me - an original Yogi Berra Mask. I've been tempted to buy a 1988 mask for my original Berra statue. It raised a question in my mind - how would I even know if a mask was an original or 1988 version? I see original Berra statues on eBay "with the mask", but I 'm not sure how I'd know if it was an original mask.

Any info would be really appreciated. If someone has a photo of an original mask and a 1988 version side by side, I'd love to see if there are obvious differences.

Thanks.
I’m pretty sure there are obvious differences. I am certainly no expert but I think the first picture is an original and the second is definitely a repo. There could actual be several different repos floating around. Hopefully someone on here will know for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091E7EFA-E80A-43DB-B3ED-4AB530855F1B.jpg (8.4 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg 33C45E16-DE35-48F2-859E-9F0E2CAE75CF.jpg (14.9 KB, 236 views)
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown