View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Alex

Default Lets settle this once and for all: SGC, PSA, or BVG?

I know this topic has probably come up many times before, which grading company is the best? In determing the best company, I think these factors should come into play: Price, Look, Speed, Increase Value, Grading Standards, consistency, and many others.
As for my opinion, I do not have much experience with grading so from a amateurs point of view, I think SGC is the best for Pre-War cards, but it is a toss up between SGC and PSA for Pre-1980 vintage. SGC has the best look to the graded cards, it has a nice black border. As for price there all fairly similar but SGC has fast shipping compared to PSA and Beckett. Of course PSA increases the value the most by having it encapsulated in a PSA holder.
Now the big factor, grading standards, I know SGC and PSA always create nightmare stories, and are sometimes inconsistent, I honestly think Beckett has the best grading standards and is consistent with its grades.
Again, I do not have much experience with grading so my opinion may be completely wrong. I want to see what people think.

Alex