View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 06:02 PM
Steve Asmus

My quest to finish my 1939-46 Salutation Exhibit set has gotten so slow the last couple of years that my goal is to pick up just 1 of the last 7 I need for that set in 2023. It would be nice to add another 1 or 2 to my Billy Williams master set this year too, that one has gotten very hard to find some of the regional issue and test issues that I still need.

Last week I did start a new set though inspired by my son who collects of all things football cards, I think he got that from his mother. I decided to put together a set of all the rookie cards of Oklahoma Sooner football players that have played in either the NFL or CFL since the 1940’s. I’m still putting together the full list of cards that will compromise this set, but so far thankfully not too many really high dollar cards, but a few obscure Canadian issue cards that I have put some feelers out for and miraculously came up with one of the more difficult ones from the early 60’s from a dealer in Canada. Should be a fun set to put together and my goal is to keep it a secret from my son until I have a good portion of it done and we can finish and keep it current together.