View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 01:51 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yeah, but I assume a chargeback isn't the same as a return. A chargeback that happens after a return window has closed, denotes a fraudulent charge. At that point the buyer is attempting to keep both the card AND the funds, which I assume is a criminal activity.

I am making some assumptions here, and not saying there aren't plenty of people willing to go that route, but are that many people willing to commit a financial crime in order to try and cut their losses?

Again, I'm making assumptions. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
You can dispute a credit card charge for a number of reasons and each bank has their own rules and conditions and the reasons can be liberally interpreted. If someone changed their mind and wanted to return the item in the exact condition it is in, I think there is a manner in which they could do it. The longer the period of time that passes after the purchase, I am sure the more hurdles the buyer would have to jump through to have the bank side with them but the threat does exist. Pretty certain that AMEX offers 6 months and most banks that issue V/MC are as many as 4 months.

I have not read closely the recent terms/policies with paypal but as Exhibitman suggests, this hanging over a seller's head is enough to go with an auction house consignment rather than leaving one exposed selling on ebay.

The other option is to stay clear of selling cards that go up 5X in 2 weeks.