Thread: October pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 03:08 PM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCyganik View Post
Picked up this unique Luis Aparicio fantasy piece. It’s solid wood and weighs 20+ pounds, over 3 ft long. Only info I found online led me to someone on Instagram who acquired a similar piece but with the stencils/bat/frame styles slightly different.

He didn’t speak much English over IG messenger but said his came from UNO Pizzeria headquarters, which makes sense since their HQ is here in Massachusetts and UNO’s is a Chicago themed chain. So I’m guessing this was made for a couple older UNO’s restaurants and then eventually stored and given away/sold at some point...

Anyone else see one of these before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 20 years ago I saw a sign done in the same exact style as yours only it depicted Bob Feller and was in red and blue. I saw it at a show in Chicago, and the seller was selling it as a fantasy piece. He said he bought it in a Paul Fusco auction, and it was described as being vintage and not a fantasy piece. The seller didn't find out until after the fact and just wanted to get rid of it. It was a nicely done sign but just did not fit my collection.