View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 06:19 PM
St.eve Sus.sman

Default Any Cool Autograph-Signing Pix?

Maybe this has already been done, and I apologize if it has (and no, I don't have any pictures of me with Doc Adams!). But I thought it would be fun to see cool photos you've taken at autograph signings. Here are a few of mine....

Willie Mays, from the mid-'70s, at an LA department store called Zody's that's long gone now. I'm doing my best to not smear my '73 Topps that he signed, while my sister is terrified because his bodyguard has his fingers dug into her arm (it seriously left marks).

Hank Aaron, early-'80s, arriving to sign at a card show in LA, the exact location of which I don't remember.

The Greatest, Muhammad Ali, was signing a prayer book he had written, but would sign anything brought to him (1984, Del Amo Mall, Torrance, CA). I had him sign a ticket stub from one of his fights. It's very rare that one of your idols can meet your expectations, but Ali exceeded them by a longshot. I was eighth in a long line, and it took forever to get to the front as he spent so much time with everyone. When I got to the stage, as he was signing he looked down at my mom taking pictures. He said, "Is that your mom?" When I told him that it was he immediately stood up and pretended to box with me so that she could get an amazing picture. I still have it, but as the photos from that day are old Polaroids, this is the clearest of the bunch.

I have several others I may post later, but these are some of my favorites.

EDITED TO SAY: Oops, I believe I might have put this in the incorrect forum, but I can't figure out how to move it. So if someone knows how I can delete it or move it to the other forum, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1631145539437.jpg (35.1 KB, 585 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1631145552809.jpg (25.8 KB, 586 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1631145523018.jpg (29.5 KB, 588 views)

Last edited by SteveS; 09-08-2021 at 06:29 PM.