View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marckus99 View Post
I guess I was wrong, he isn’t a crook after all.

Additionally, this is one of Rawlings iconic gloves, issued in ‘55 as a top of the line model, retail $30/32. A mint one just sold on the bay for $1243.

So Doug....ethical?
Thank you for responding.

I'm not sure what you mean by "So Doug....ethical?"...

Does he have ethics? I think so.

Do you have ethics? I don't know.

Do I have ethics? Yep.

Also, I'm not sure what relevance there is to the fact that a mint condition glove of the same style as yours just sold for $1243. I have a 1952 Topps Mantle with a sharpie mustache and a mint one sells for loads of money, big deal.

One look at the website for A1 tells me that the guy takes gloves that have been used until they are falling apart and repairs them so that they can be used some more. He doesn't claim to be a guy who can restore your glove to mint condition so you can sell it for $1243 on ebay.

The gentleman who owns that company probably defines "restoration" as "making an unusable glove usable" which is not what we collectors consider to be the definition.

I'll bet that he didn't even notice "special linen bag" that you sent the glove in and he probably tossed it aside without a second thought. Hopefully he can find it to send back to you.

You should still change the title of this thread, but I don't really expect that you will, but I suppose your ethics will guide you.

Doug "no witty nickname today, sorry" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 09-01-2020 at 12:10 PM.