View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 09:47 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I have a similar issue right now. I purchased a box of Ben Baller Topps Chrome through my Montgomery 582 account. I listed it after Topps confirmed. The box sells and the Buyer pays for the box. The day Topps started shipping (Friday) I get a message that the buyer wants to cancel the sale because he cannot wait any longer. I check and prices for the box dropped about $100. So the buyer asks to cancel the sale because he changed his mind. I deny the request and I have listed that I dont accept returns. Ebay closed the request. Then the buyer files a non recipt claim. I will get the box today and plan on shipping it out same day. Now according to Ebay rules he already had his shot at asking for a return. So in theory I should be safe to ship this and not expect him to damage box and ask for return. What upsets me most is this guy has 3,000+ Feedback and deals in this stuff all the time. I still haven't decided what I will do when box arrives later. I dont want anyone damaging an expensive $750 box of cards. But what happened to living up to your word?
So you sold him something you didn't have in hand - as of your post, you still don't have it. Isn't there an ebay rule against selling things and accepting payment when you don't actually have the item?

What if it gets damaged or lost on the way to you?