View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:02 PM
Kev1n @1les

When I heard about this at first, I thought that it might be a good opportunity to dollar cost average my way into a big card. For example, A 52 Mantle might be $50,000 and have 1000 shares at $50 a share or something like that. I could buy 100 shares at $50 and then over time as the price went up, I could continue to buy share, i.e, the next 100 shares are $55 a share, then $60, all the way until I had purchased all of them and had the card for say $60,000 and it took my 4-5 years to buy up all of the shares.

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago to ask about this scenario asking if I would be able to eventually own all of the shares and when I did, could I take possession of the card.

I got this response:
Quote:
Hi Kevin - thanks for your interest, and apologies for the delay. Yes, you can continue to purchase stock in our offerings over time. You can also submit offers to acquire the entire asset outright.
Thanks,
Collectable

Since this thread began, I have realized a couple of things. First, we are talking super super high end cards like the 2.5 million PSA 10 '53 Mantle and not a $50,000 '52 Mantle. I also saw in the thread that they would only sell off 60% of the equity - so my quest to buy a high end card on glorified layaway over time couldn't happen even though they say you can submit to acquire the entire asset outright. There are a lot of things that seem good here in theory that would be tough to execute without issue. So, I will have to wait and watch on the sidelines to see how this develops and go back to my cookie jar as a way to save and put back for those elusive expensive cards.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set