View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:01 PM
B0b Żwξn9

Default Joe DiMaggio signed ball opinion

Hello, Thanks in advance for your opinion. I bought this Joe DiMaggio signed Bobby Brown OAL ball a couple years ago from an eBay seller that had a buy it now for a lot of 6 single signed baseballs including DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Don Drysdale, Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew and another HOF player that I can't remember. I had the 5 of the 6 authenticated by JSA and the DiMaggio didn't pass. To me this signature looks somewhat similar to Joe's mid 1990s autographs but I'm a novice at autographs so my eyes could be deceiving me. The "J" in Joe looks larger and more square than other authenticated signed balls that I've seen. Looks like the signer used heavy pen pressure. Sometimes when I sign my name the first letter is more difficult to be consistent with especially when I'm signing multiple documents and when my hand cramps up I use more pressure. The "DiMaggio" part of the signature looks more normal to others. Obviously I'm not an expert. What do you think? Is this a fake or possibly authentic? Last question, should signed balls be wrapped in cellophane or sealed in ziploc bags to prevent yellowing or toning? Thanks again for your time.

https://imgur.com/EaomTvy

Dimaggio (2).jpg

Last edited by fusorcruiser; 01-10-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: attempt to link picture