View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Couldn't agree with that comment more. Joe had a beautiful delivery, from the pocket or on the run.. He seemed to have a perfect efficiency in everything he did- smooth drop, great feet/pocket presence, underrated running ability and arm strength. Brady also has a beautiful, straight over the top delivery.. But nowhere near the overall physical fluidity of Joe. (conversely Manning and Marino motions always looked ugly yo me.. Clearly, this is no reflection on greatness, and with the uglier motions, they also both achieved lightning quickness.. IMO the ultimate combo of quick and pretty is Mike Vick's).
As much as I hated when the Cowboys faced Montana, it was no better when Young took over. Young also had a great delivery, as does Kaepernick. I really think Kaepernick could evolve into a superb passer, but he has to get smarter and run less - if he did this regularly for a few years, I think you might eventually see comparisons to Staubach. I remember when Staubach first came up with Dallas - Landry was having a very hard time getting him to sacrifice a few yards by passing instead of running. I also remember the exact play when Staubach rolled to the right, could have run for a touchdown, and he passed instead. But Harbaugh is encouraging Kaepernick in a different direction.