View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
This card in PSA 10 is topping $1,000. I have considered buying one...I wasn't collecting that stuff in 2011, of course. [emoji848] Toying with the idea of a 9, 10, or possibly even a raw complete set with a solid Trout that isn't altered. That's the rub these days, however. I don't feel like I can trust PSA to have caught all the trimmed ones, and the raw ones...well, I want to believe but... You guys who collect modern have any thoughts? I feel stuck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If I didn't have one and I wanted one, I'd probably look for a midgrade example, a 7 perhaps. Those sell for $300-400, it seems.
Recent sales of raw examples range from $300-600, which is pretty incredible. 8-card packs from that issue sell for $100, while the Jumbos sell for $500.
I think the only big downside to the card is if Trout gets popped for PEDs (although I doubt Brosius' kid knows what he's talking about). It certainly isn't out of the question, just look at Cano, but I don't see the bottom falling out on this card otherwise.
And I think it's too bad that the card is so expensive, because there must be a bunch of kids out there who are anywhere from 6 to 14 years old who are big fans but may never be able to have a Trout RC because of the cost. And especially so despite it being a mass produced and mainstream issue.