View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Awesome pick up Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I learned of this set from this thread so I thought I would share it here. Before this thread I had only seen the Willie Stargell in my collection. I had no idea what it was prior to seeing the Clemente in this thread. 16 cards comprise the 1971 Pirates Action Photos set. It is pretty tough judging by the PSA population reports which show the Clemente as having the highest population at 10. There are no complete sets in the set registry in either PSA or SGC. I recently purchased a lot of 15 of these cards. Ironically the only card missing was the Stargell. This is now the only complete set I have ever seen. I can understand the rarity. They measure 4.5" X 7.125" and are condition sensitive as the paper stock is thin. It is essentially similar to that of magazine pages. Thankfully these managed to survive and good shape with the Clemente being in the best condition.
That IS a SUPER tough set. I think I posted the uncut sheet containing the full set I picked up at the national about 3 years ago.