View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 07:57 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankish View Post
The image may well be from 1942 and maybe even the negative, as well. But it doesn't appear to be an original image (as I'm sure has been noted above several times). I have a few glass plate negatives where player names or other info has been been scratched into the negative. But this one appears (clearly, to my lay eye) to be an image of a photo with a nameplate superimposed. If you found a card with both the same image and the exact same nameplate, then maybe this is an intermediary negative used in its production. That would be cool and potentially worth quite a bit. On the other hand, if not, it is a really neat piece but not something of much monetary value...in my estimation.
There is a Topps card up the thread the negative was used for but I have not found anything since. Once I make contact with the cardinalsnation gentleman he might be able to help with that...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.