View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 06:23 AM
John

Default Photos that match baseball cards

Hi, I am new Net 54, and I am not very good with computers. But I have a collection of some 8x10 black &white baseball photos from the 1940s. 184 in the collection. Over the years have tried to find out more about them, let's just say no one can tell me what I have for sure. I have been told everything from- photostats for baseball cards or that they were sold commercially through catalogs and magazine ads in the 1940s-50s, or that were photo packs. But that just does not fit the profile for these, yes they come close but No concrete evidence as to what.
OK, many of the images on the photos match baseball cards down to the letter. They do utilize the exact same images as the photos.
1947 Bond Bread cards that match: Ted Williams, Harry Brecheen, Aaron Robinson, Tommy Holmes, Bob Elliott, Ewell Blackwell, Lou Boudreau, Vern Stephens, Slats Marion, Bob Feller, Johnny Vander Meer, Andy Pafko, and many others.
Note on Bobby Doerr's image-the 1947 baseball card and photo spell his name as Bobbie Doerr.
thumbnail_IMG_0301.jpgAnd many of the photos match the 1952 Berk Ross Cards. About 11 in all. The Jackie Robinson and 1952 card- you see the scoreboard and it says 1946. And Satchel Paige's photo is of him playing for the Black Yankees in 1941. I know this because the exact image of him is in the Bettmann/Corbis archives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_0304.jpg (24.6 KB, 477 views)

Last edited by Johnphotoman; 10-20-2021 at 03:22 PM.