View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Dave Fa*st

Default 1900 Brooklyn Baseball Team Schedule

Hello guys. I had asked a couple different folks who I'd consider to have about as much knowledge as possible in this hobby and whom have seen about everything there is to see and still haven't been able to acquire too much info on this item.

What I know -

Not a "cabinet" size you might associate with many of these team portrait cards. It's only about 5 1/2" by 5 1/4" or so when opened.

The photography was done by Gardner and Co, out of Brooklyn and it was printed by F. Collyer.

Below is the subjects on the portraits. My thought right now is it may have been handed out at the first game of the season...(based on Doc Casey being featured, when he only played one game in 1900).

Cather - J.T. (Deacon) Mcguire

Outfielder - J.J. (Joe) Kelley HOF

Outfielder - J.T. (Jimmy) Sheckard

Outfielder - W.H. (Willie) Keeler HOF

Outfielder - F.A. (Fielder) Jones

Third Base - L.N. (Lave) Cross

Pitcher - J.H. (Jerry) Nops

Pitcher - W. (Brickyard) Kennedy

Pitcher - F.R. (Frank) Kitson

Catcher - C.A. (Duke) Farrell

First Base - Hughie Jennings HOF

Shortstop - W.F. (Bill) Dahlen

Second Base - E. (Gene) DeMontreville

Second Base - T.P. (Tom) Daly

Third Base - J.R. (Doc) Casey

Pitcher - J. (Jack) Dunn

Pitcher - H. (Harry) Howell

Pitcher - J. (Joe) McGinnity HOF

Manager - E. (Ned) Hanlon HOF

President - C.H. (Charles) Ebbets

Would love to hear if anyone has seen these before, has one or has any info on them. If you have seen them in what condition? I wish the front of this one wasn't messed up from being in a scrapbook but that's the case, ow does it affect the value on these types of schedule cards?

Thanks for any help or info.

P.S. - my scan with the players' portraits didn't quite come out right color wise...it's actually closer in tone to the back scan...but I didn't want to fudge with the image.