View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 10:56 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Michael - If I go to the National, where are we meeting up ? Attachment 523173
Alan,

Other than getting a few items signed by Spencer Haywood I will either be Waldo (anywhere) or Elvis (everywhere). I find little to nothing at the show. The only booth I know I will visit is that of Rhys Yeakley (prewar sports on here) Let me know if you are going and I will send along my phone number.

I will be getting copies of photos from my archives signed by Haywood along with the following:

68-basketball-gold.jpg

Tickets from the gold medal basketball game 1968 Olympics.

ajman.jpg

Postal souvenir sheet issued in 1968. I picked up over 30 of these for dirt cheap. I will only get one signed. The rest will be for the remaining living players. Unfortunately there are only 5 members of the team still living - Bill Hoskett, Glynn Saulters, Charlie Scott and Jim King along with Haywood. Hoskett and Saulters are good TTM. I have not located Jim King. I usually send three of this type of item. Sign 2 keep 1. I do the same with photos in my collection. The Olympians appreciate getting photos they have never seen except for possibly in the newspaper.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”