View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 07:25 PM
James M.

After both of us had to deal with some major health issues earlier in the year, my father and I were able to get up to Cooperstown this past week. While it was very quiet because of everything going on, we were able to take in the Hall of Fame and all of it's glory.

Spent a couple of hours combing through the various exhibits as it has been a while for the both of us, and we weren't able to get a good look at the "shoebox treasures" last year. I swear we spent a hour alone going through some of the cards, my father reminiscing about the ones he put in the spokes of his bike as a kid growing up in the late 60's, early 70's. Some incredible memories were made seeing all of those old cards, and it was something me and my father were able to bond over once again. Got around to making some nice purchases too which I'm going to happily upload to the forum in the coming days.

The walks each day to main street were ones I will look back on with fond memories, because no matter how many times I go there, each trip is special. I look forward to the day when I settle down and have children and am able to bring them to the Hall of Fame. And Hopefully when they get older, they'll want to spend as much time with me, as I like to spend with my father

My Father is still a relatively young man, only 61, so as long as he wants to continue going upstate NY to visit Cooperstown and the Hall, I'll gladly go. No matter how many times it happens, I'll continue to treasure every moment when we get lost along the way there, even with GPS, and we start laughing because we're stuck on some back road due to a missed turn. Every trip there is an experience, a journey and memories to last a lifetime.

Last edited by Seven; 08-23-2020 at 07:26 PM.