View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Exhibit Co. display pieces

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I recently acquired the Exhibit diplays scanned below (they are both blank backed. The second scan has some glare because I left it in the plastic the dealer put it in,) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me when these were made, or anything else about these or similar pieces. The individulal player cards that are shown are extremely thin. The cards and the label are seperately affixed to the black backing. I bought these at Brimfield this morning from a dealer who said she had cleaned out a store back in the 1970s in NY (the store name begins with an M, with sies at the end, but I cannot remember the entire store name) with a ton of Exhibit stuff (machines, displays and cards). She also had several movie star displays that were the same as these, as well as larger movie star displays. She said she had sold nearly all of her sports ones back in the late 1980s, but dug these out recently. Sorry for the long post, but any additional information regarding these displays would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com