View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 02:21 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
So it arrived today. I "think" it is real, but would really like to run it by someone with more experience.

Also, my black light is not working, so need to find someone with a black light, although as previously mentioned that doesn't solidify that it is authentic just because it doesn't glow, that would however confirm if it was a Repro if it did.

I really prefer someone who knows these type items and could confirm.

So anyone here in the Chicago Suburbs or Southeastern Wisconsin. I can run it over if you are not too far away.
Just some general advice for everyone, make sure that that you get a 365 nm UV source if you're interested in looking for fluorescence. 390+ nm UV flashlights are cheap but they put out way too much visible light, and cause far too little fluorescence to be useful. I learned this the hard way. Most things you simply can't tell if they fluoresce or not with a cheap UV light, everything is awash in its violet glow. The Weltool M2-BF 365 nm LED flashlight is highly recommended for anyone who's interested.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson