View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default Favorite / Most Iconic Vintage Soccer Card Sets

I am curious to see what everyone's favorite, most iconic vintage soccer card sets would be?

I guess to put the question another way, if you could only collect 5 vintage card sets, what would they be?

Here is my list of favorite, most iconic sets (in order with #1 being the best):

1) 1950 Tinghalls World Cup - This set includes Team USA players (which is why it's at the top of my list) and also some super cool Brazilian and other country stars. And it has really cool backs and some unique variations. A definite iconic set!

2) 1958 Alifabolaget World Cup - Another world cup set, this one includes one of Pele's best rookie cards!

3) 1938 Konig/Union - This set has a few great international players, plus the best German league players. It also has some great back variants and a historical tie to WWII. Definitely an interesting set.

4) 1970 Panini World Cup - This is Panini's inaugural WorldCup set and is full of stars. It has 4 back variations and a number of album variations. It is a great first issue for Panini's World Cup sets.

After that, I have a whole bunch that are tied and I am not sure which would be my favorite.

How about the rest of you? What are your votes for favorite / most iconic vintage soccer sets?

Last edited by Collect Equity; 05-16-2019 at 09:08 PM.