View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
"It was all about Barry. We had to do so many special things for him in terms of how we traveled, the hotel and the suite and the food, the money. It was just an absolute nightmare,”
From the linked story : "During his interview, Samson recalled that Bonds was combative and refused to accept less than $1.5 million—well above the typical salary for MLB hitting coaches."

So they hired a guy who had no experience as a hitting coach to be their hitting coach, paid that guy will above what would be considered "typical", and it didn't work out very well? Bummer.

There is an easy way to pay somebody the typical salary for their position, hire somebody typical, the Marlins obviously wanted Bonds badly enough to agree to his terms, complaining about it later is just sour grapes in my book.

I have a feeling that the business managements for some of the bands I have worked for would describe my interviews with them in a similar fashion. I once interviewed for a position with a band that might have a stadium tour this summer, during the interview I got into three separate arguments with one of the band managers. Combative goes both ways. They didn't offer me the gig, and I would have upped my salary demands if they had.

Doug "pitch to Barry" Goodman