View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
The Orioles last published a media guide in 2018 (due to printing/shipping costs as they got bigger & bigger, information being available on-line, etc.).

My collection/reference library included the majority of their guides and I was sad to see them go, mainly because I enjoy referring to them.

A friend of mine who works for the Orioles knew this and for my birthday, he specially printed up guides (the information is on a stick) from 2019-2021 to keep me current:

Bill,

I can't tell you how jealous I am. I have every Orioles media guide from 1954-2018. I also have many of the season summary guides, especially nice run from the 60's.

I'm with you. Very sad to see printed publications coming to an end. First it was media guides, then yearbooks and now programs. I talk to a lot of people at spring training that really miss the media guides. I can understand the cost argument, but it seems that the majority of the work is putting it together. If the info is on a stick, I for one would gladly pre-order a copy and pay extra based upon the number of orders.

I've tried printing my own copies, but haven't had much luck with formatting on my personal computer. What size are they?

Congrats Bill. Put me first on the list if you ever decide to part with them.