View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
I believe the checklist I was working off of, which can be found here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100518...bkbk.htm#x1911

Is an updated version of the checklist that was printed in VCBC in the early 2000s:
The January, 2001 VCBC provided a checklist by back totals only, i.e. not a list that associated backs with individual players. However, in the accompanying article Obermeyer states "When VCBC published my updated checklist (presumably the 2000 list in your scan), I asked the readers to help out and to send any additions that they had to me. I received 9 responses containing another 77 combinations, bringing the list of known combinations to 584--that's roughly a 40% increase to what was originally reported in the World Index".

I can't find my copy of the March 2001 VCBC right now to see what further elaboration might be there. Does your checklist show 584 (or more) different?

Thanks again for the work--it's always nice to have a working spreadsheet when dealing with a set this massive.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.