View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:06 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I guess now we have to speculate how much the next 53T Mays PSA 8 will sell for. Considering how nutty things continue to be, if one came onto the market today, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold for $150-$200k.

Even if you look at it pre-pandemic, the premium at PSA 8 for a 52T compared to the 53T was small. It certainly wasn't 2x. Maybe 25%, give or take, depending on the card, the auction, and the day.

We did just have a 52T in PSA 8 sell for $180k not long ago. So maybe the 53T could sell for a little less. At the same time, I suspect that there's going to be some pent-up demand for the 53T in PSA 8 for a while. So it might continue to rival the 52T PSA 8 in pricing.

And for that matter, it might be another year or 2 (or more) before another 53T in PSA 8 comes onto the market, so that could be a factor in terms of having lots of pent-up demand. Assuming, of course, that the market doesn't collapse in the interim. While I keep expecting it, aaaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now, my predictions are obviously premature.
You're right, the difference wasn't much three years ago either. I don't know why there aren't any on the market. Johnny is probably hoarding them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gorditadogg; 01-24-2023 at 09:51 PM.