View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Question for grading services PSA and SGC

Posted By: MattB

Mike, do you have any idea what SGC's position is on cards that have been damaged due to their holders? I have 3 high grade cards each 5-figured in value that have received nicks along their borders (luckily only to the backs of the cards) due to the absurdly sharp corners on the custom cut black inserts. One of the cards, which is loose in the holder has a nick on the left and right borders where it has hit the corners of the insert. Another card appears to have been encased with an insert that is too tight causing a corner to press into the edge of the card. As an example of what I am talking about, look at Mastro lot# 2009 on the back of the card on the right border where the black insert corner is clearly cutting into the edge of the card. I will say that SGC is my grading company of choice as I think they are the most accurate graders and I will continue to purchase cards graded by them, but I can't believe I am the only one out there that has cards that have been damaged in this manner. A case like BGS uses is the only way to ensure cards will not get damaged post grading. Sorry if this is too off-topic, but you have repeatedly trumpeted SGCs guaranty so I thought you might know the answer to my question.